Research Assistant - 0.67 working time - salary grade 13 TV-L Berliner Hochschulen
TUB Stellenticket: https://tub.stellenticket.de/en/offers/110533/
under the reserve that funds are granted.
As part of the Cluster of Excellence “Unifying Systems in Catalysis” (UniSysCat) at the TU Berlin, the work group “Theoretical Structural Biology”, headed by Dr. Ariane Nunes Alves, aims at developing and applying computational methods to study ligand binding kinetics and use kinetic rates for optimizing enzyme catalysis. The position offers a friendly work environment, mentoring for in-depth knowledge of computational biochemistry and biophysics, and support to reach the promotion.
Closing date: 03/12/21
Reference number: II-640/21
Type: Graduate Position, Research Assistant
Duration: until 31/12/22; extension is envisaged
Starting date: At the earliest possible
- Development and application of methods to compute kinetic rates for substrate binding to hydrogenases and other enzymes
- Development and application of methods to analyze data from simulations
- Writing of papers for publication
- Presentation of research results at conferences
- Successfully completed university degree (Master, Diplom or equivalent) in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular Biotechnology or related areas
- Experience with molecular dynamics simulations of biological systems
- Good programming skills (bash and python preferred)
- Initiative and autonomy
- Good communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English; good command of German or the willingness to acquire language capacities
Desired additional requirements:
- Basic experience with methods to enhance sampling in simulations (methods for ligand-protein association/dissociation preferred)
- Basic experience with jupyter notebooks
- Basic experience with high performance computing
How to apply:
Please send your application with the reference number and the usual documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, one recommendation letter, all combined in a single pdf file, max. 5 MB) exclusively by email to Peter Vent (info(at)unisyscat.tu-berlin.de).
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guaranty for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at the TU staff department homepage: https://www.abt2-t.tu-berlin.de/menue/themen_a_z/datenschutzerklaerung/ or quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.
Technische Universität Berlin - Der Präsident - , Fakultät II, Institut für Chemie, Exzellenzcluster UniSysCat, z. Hd. Peter Vent, Sekr. BEL 4, Straße des 17. Juni 135, 10623 Berlin